This is a canna-twist on my favorite cookie recipe of all time. I actually struggled with sharing this recipe because it is my secret cookie recipe I keep in my back pocket. Every hyphy wifey has a few recipes she keeps for herself to blow everyone’s mind with and this is definitely my #1.
But seeing how it’s 4/20, I decided it was time to share the magic with all of you! The spirit of generosity is what 4/20 is all about. I hope you all can find a way to give back to one another and spread the canna-joy around today. I hope my recipe helps turn your holiday into a holidaze!
I discovered this amazing cookie recipe back in high school and have made it dozens of ways since. This is the first time I made it with cannabutter. You can switch up the flavor of the cookies two ways. First: choose your pudding flavor. Today’s flavor is butterscotch! You don’t have to actually make the pudding – just pour the pudding mix straight into the batter.
Next – choose your chip flavor! I wanted the richness of the butterscotch chips but also wanted chocolate because duh chocolate rules.
My personal favorite combination is vanilla pudding and chocolate chips – keeping it a classic chocolate chip cookie. My BFFL asks me every year on her birthday to make them with banana pudding and chocolate chips. And my husband prefers double chocolate – chocolate pudding and chocolate chips. I’ve even tried pistachio pudding with white chocolate chips on St. Patrick’s Day. The pistachio pudding makes the cookies turn green!
Try to resist eating the dough!!!
Drop onto a pan with a teaspoon and give each cookie plenty of room. They will spread and run into each other.
Bake no longer than 10 minutes! They won’t look totally done but they are. They will be moist (ugh I hate that word) but let them cool for a few minutes.
= a happy and magical 4/20!!!
Puff Puff Pass The Pudding Cookies
(yields about 36 cookies)
2 1/2 cup white flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup cannabutter, softened (my step-by-step recipe here)
3/4 cup brown sugar, light or dark
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 package butterscotch pudding or your choice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 ounces of butterscotch chips & 6 ounces of chocolate chips (or 12 oz bag of any kid of chocolate chips)
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. Combine baking soda and flour in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Mix cannabutter, white sugar, brown sugar, pudding mix and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat until creamy, using a mixer preferably.
4. Add in the eggs and mix well.
5. Gradually stir in the flour and baking soda mixture. Stir in butterscotch chips and chocolate chips.
6. Drop from teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet, placing cookies about 1 inch apart.
7. Bake at 375°F for 8-10 minutes. Bake no longer than 10 minutes! Allow to cool for 5 minutes before eating. Can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge or at room temperature – they taste delicious warm or cold.
Hope everyone has a joyful and safe 4/20! Happy Holidaze!