An old, dear friend visited last week and I was reminded of the time that I baked blondies for him several years ago back in college. I had never heard of blondies until he mentioned them to me. They are essentially brownies but without cocoa in them! This jog in my memory inspired me to make an updated cannabis infused version which I’m dubbing Dirty Blondies!
Not only do these have canna-oil in them – they have a secret ingredient: zucchini! Why would you add zucchini, you ask? Well, why the heck not!?!!
Ok, so there are actually two reasons why I added the zucchini! (1) It adds moisture to the batter which makes the Dirty Blondies very moist, almost cake-like. And (2) it’s a great way to add a serving of vegetables into your diet! Or in some cases, sneak some veggies into your loved ones 🙂
You can barely even notice the grated zucchini in the batter!
I picked up some dark chocolate chips from the little organic store down the street from me. I obviously had to sneak a few to make sure they were not poisonous…
(yields 12 servings)
1/3 cup canna-oil
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup white flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1 cup grated zucchini
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8×8 or 9×9 inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Mix canna-oil and brown sugar together. Add egg and vanilla.
3. Mix flour, baking powder, and baking soda together and add to sugar mixture.
4. Stir in grated zucchini, chocolate chips and (optional) nuts.
5. Pour mixture into pan and bake for 35 minutes. Let cool before serving.